I made this as an overall ranking for the 2007/08 season of football and basketball in the SEC. The rankings use regular season and post season info for each school's team. The rankings are my opinion but follow record pretty closely. Please post your's if you would like, feel free to point anything out you don't agree with, thanks for checking it out.
One question I have for you guys, should I add any other sports? Oh and please reply to this, I think this could get some pretty good discussion.
Once more, THIS IS MY OPINION.
1. LSU - 12-2(6-2), Won SEC West, Won SEC Championship, Won National Championship, Final Ranking(AP #1, Coaches #1)
2. Tennessee - 9-4(6-2), Won SEC East, Won Outback Bowl, Final Ranking(AP #12, Coaches #12)
3. Georgia - 11-2(6-2), Won Sugar Bowl, Final Ranking(AP #2, Coaches #3)
4. Auburn - 9-4(5-3), Won Chick-Fil-A Bowl, Final Ranking(AP #15, Coaches #14)
5. Florida - 9-4(5-3), Lost Capital One Bowl, Final Ranking(AP #13, Coaches #15)
6. Arkansas - 8-5(4-4), Lost Cotton Bowl, Final Ranking(Unranked)
7. Mississippi State - 8-5(4-4), Won Autozone Liberty Bowl, Final Ranking(Unranked)
8. Alabama - 7-6(4-4), Won Petrosun Independence Bowl, Final Ranking(Unranked)
9. Kentucky - 8-5(3-5), Won Gaylord Hotels Music City Bowl, Final Ranking(Unranked)
10. South Carolina - 6-6(3-5), No Bowl, Final Ranking(Unranked)
11. Vanderbilt - 5-7(2-6), No Bowl, Final Ranking(Unranked)
12. Mississippi - 3-9(0-8), No Bowl, Final Ranking(Unranked)
1. Tennessee - 29-4(14-2), Won SEC East, Won SEC Regular Season Championship, 2 seed, Lost in Sweet 16, Final Rank(AP/Coaches #7)
2. Mississippi State - 22-10(12-4), Won SEC West, 8 seed, Lost in 2nd Round, Final Ranking(Unranked)
3. Georgia - 17-16(4-12), Won SEC Tournament, 14 seed, Lost in First Round, Final Ranking(Unranked)
4. Kentucky - 18-12(12-4), 11 seed, Lost in First Round, Final Ranking(Unranked)
5. Vanderbilt - 26-7(10-6), 4 seed, Lost in First Round, Final Ranking(AP #25, Coaches #25)
6. Arkansas - 22-11(9-7), 9 seed, Lost in 2nd Round, Final Ranking(Unranked)
7. Florida - 21-11(8-8), 2 seed(NIT), Lost in Semifinals, Final Ranking(Unranked)
8. Mississippi - 21-10(7-9), 2 seed(NIT), Lost in Semifinals, Final Ranking(Unranked)
9. LSU - 13-18(6-10), Final Ranking(Unranked)
10. Alabama - 17-16(5-11), Final Ranking(Unranked)
11. South Carolina - 14-18(5-11), Final Ranking(Unranked)
12. Auburn - 14-16(4-12), Final Ranking(Unranked)
1. LSU(Football #1, Basketball #9, Average #5) - National Championship reigns above all
2. Tennessee(Football #2, Basketball #1, Average #1.5) - 1st place finish in basketball and 2nd in football, they would be first place if not for LSU's national championship
3. Georgia(Football #3, Basketball #3, Average #3) - Football has a NC caliber team next year, after this great year. Alot will not agree with my ranking of Georgia in basketball but they did win the SEC Tourney, their name will always be remembered for that
4. Mississippi State(Football #7, Basketball #2, Average #4.5) - Had a good year in both sports, surprise for football and great thing to grown on
5. Florida(Football #5, Basketball #7, Average #6) - Florida, boy are they stacked for some more Championships, next year in football and the coming years in basketball, in my opinion Florida is one of the best if not the best athletics programs right now
6. Arkansas(Football #6, Basketball #6, Average #6) - Basketball looked good, football shone bright at moments under D-MAC
7. Kentucky(Football #9, Basketball #4, Average #6.5) - Surprise year for Kentucky football under Woodson and a bowl win against FSU, bad start for Kentucky basketball but they did well in conference and still made tourney, Gillispie should have the Cats playing good.
8. Auburn(Football #4, Basketball #12, Average #8) - Good year in football, bad year in basketball
9. Vanderbilt(Football #11, Basketball #5, Average #8) - Once again another good year for Vandy basketball, a decent year for football, a Vandy bowl appearance could be imminent
10. Alabama(Football #10, Basketball #8, Average #9) - Good start for Saban but slow finish, I expect good things from Alabama football in the coming years, basketball saw a year plagued with injuries so they should rebound
11. Mississippi(Football #12, Basketball #8, Average #10) - Not a good year in football with 0 conference wins, the basketball team performed great and should have future success
12. South Carolina(Football #11, Basketball #10, Average #10.5) - Rough year for South Carolina, I expect success to come under Spurrier. Hopefully Odom's replacement can help fire this basketball team up
Thanks for reading this guys, please reply and let the discussion begin....